Tuesday, November 10, 2009

bear with me, friends.

i've got some unloading to do. it's been far too long since i've posted something real, and i miss that.

things have been topsy-turvy weird the past little bit. i've written nearly thirteen thousand words for nanowrimo. 2 weeks ago, i would have laughed in your face if you told me i would even consider writing a novel. here i am, though.

i switched the lens on the camera sunday, my mama has been encouraging me to do so for a while now. and the truth is, i was scared of it. terrified of a few more inches length. but, i did it. and i think the pictures i've taken with it look different, a little bit better. i like them anyhow. it's got a lot of fancy zoom action, which i enjoy. i can get shots of the kids when they don't know i'm taking a picture and i can catch them acting naturally, instead of posed. i really don't like taking posed photos, it seems fraudulent to me. i want to catch the act, if that makes sense. and the fancy lens allows that.

i've been feeling very open and creative the past few days. incredibly full and juicy. and it's a nice feeling.

i have a new favorite band. it's everything i've always looked for in music. it's the music i want to make. it makes me tear up with joy: half-handed cloud.

spirituality has been a major theme for me the past few days. i've prayed and sang and believed. i haven't felt this way in a very long time. and it's so beautiful. if this the opiate for the masses, count me in.

also, how are you? i truly want to know.

love, love, love,
effie


3 comments:

Anita Ann said...

Beautiful. I did NANOWRIMO last year ad loved it.

leanna said...

aww, i love reading these things. i think the writing has a lot to do with it. creativity fuels us in so many life genres apart from art. it makes us alive. i have been growing more active in things myself this year and it makes me feel more alive in general. more motivated to live the life i believe in and not the life i feel stuck in.

i miss you so!

and i have loved seeing your new pictures on flickr. i'm glad you brave the camera.

effie said...

thanks ladies :)

Post a Comment